Does your child need braces?
We can help.
Unfortunately not all children/teenagers meet the criteria to have their teeth straightened with public funding.
As a private practice, we are able to help children/teenagers who would like to:
- Improve the appearance of their smile
- Improve their confidence to smile
- Improve their bite
- Improve their ability to be able to clean well
- Have discreet braces
- Avoid fresh breath anxiety.
We take a sensible, pragmatic and ethical approach. We work with both the child and the parents/carers to ensure the most suitable solution is offered.
Average starting age:
- 12-13 years but this varies.
- Our current youngest patient is 8!
- Most commonly used Braces – Clear, fixed Braces (not too much metal)
- Average Costs – £2.5k-£4k. Monthly payment options are available (including 0% Finance).*Terms apply
Dr Joanna Binato
Orthodontic SpecialistGDC Number 293453
Dr Joanna Binato was born in Brazil but has dual citizenship (Brazilian and Italian).
She completed her B.D.S. in 2003 and since then, regularly participates in many continuing educational programs to stay to to date with the latest technology and orthodontic treatment for children, teenagers and adults.
Joanna has a Post Graduate in Paediatrics and a Masters in Orthodontics. Joanna has also recently completed her Masters in Dental Medicine in Portugal and is also now a Platinum Invisalign Provider.Impressive! No wonder our patients love her.
Service with a smile – here are a couple of examples of our work
7 year old with trapped tooth - before & after
10 year old with overbite - before & after
12 year old with anterior crowding - before & after
5 year old with posterior overbite - before & after
Does your child have an overbite?
This is something we commonly see. It often occurs with a child who may suck a teddy/dummy/thumb.
9 year old with deep overbite - front view
9 year old with deep overbite - side view
Why choose Hampshire Dentists to straighten your child’s teeth?
- We are calm, kind, patient.
- Comfort is key, especially in our commitment to Pain Free Dentistry. 99% of our patients say their treatment was pain free.
- We understand how formative the dental relationship is from a young age – we go out of our way to provide a positive approach with prevention at the heart of everything we do.
- We don’t scold, judge or patronise.
- We’re centrally located on Southampton City High St
- Your child can choose their own music in the chair. Even Lizzo. Maybe.
Children's Orthodontics - Get in Touch
Get in touch to find out moreOur Treatment Coordinator will be delighted to provide a complimentary Orthodontic Consultation to discuss your child’s requirements in further detail.
This came as a complete and very delightful surprise to us, especially as this is independently judged by their team of business analysts.
They state: “Businesses do not pay us to list them ever. You do not pay us for the listing at any time. We believe that local businesses provide better and personal services locally. Local businesses know your city better since they live there too. Our policy is free to list because if you can pay to list, then is it really the best business?”