Our Statement of Purpose
This practice is registered with and regulated by the Care Quality Commission for the following activities:
- Diagnostic and screening procedures
For the whole population, we aim to see each patient at a personal and mutually agreed recall interval and perform a full dental health check of both the hard and soft tissues: supporting structures of the oral cavity using diagnostic aids such as X-Rays as and when appropriate. Where any abnormalities are detected, then further investigations such as biopsies and actions such as referrals will be actioned.
- Treatment of disease, disorder or injury
For the whole population, following diagnosis and screening, patients are given an explanation of any items requiring attention, all appropriate treatment options and associated costs (where applicable) and the pros and cons of each option is explained and discussed. The kinds of services that we provide are full dental health checks, hygiene, X-Rays, treatment of periodontal disease, routine restorative work such as fillings, inlays and onlays, endodontics, prostheses, root canal, crowns, bridges, dentures, implants, orthodontics and some cosmetic work. If necessary, referral to specialist dental practitioners may be advised where the treatment required is more complex, such as in the case of implants, and also some more difficult instances involving endodontic and periodontal care. In the case of injury, temporary treatment may be provided to stabilize the mouth. Patients will be kept fully informed of proposed interventions at each point, receive itemized estimates of likely costs and consent will be sought at each stage. At all times we aim to provide a service based on prevention and develop a personal regime for each patient within this overarching framework.
- Surgical procedures
For the whole population, if a patient requires a surgical procedure at the practice, and we believe that this is within our skill set (such as routine or more straightforward surgical extractions and apiecectomies) then we will explain the procedure to the patient together with any associated risks and, if the patient wishes to proceed, obtain appropriate valid consent.
Once completed, we will monitor the progress of the patient in accordance with the relevant clinical protocols to ensure that recovery is both full and uneventful. For more advanced surgical procedures, such as the removal of impacted wisdom teeth, we refer to appropriately qualified consultants and specialists either in hospitals or a practice environment.
We aim to meet the routine and general dental care needs of our patients and try to achieve high levels of oral health by adopting a preventative approach. If the users of our services require or request to have a treatment or procedure that we are either unable or unwilling to provide then we will either arrange for a referral or inform them accordingly.
For completeness, we also have some core practice aims and values that we publicly promote to patients and these are as follows:-
As a practice we will;
- Wherever possible see patients on time and give an apology and an explanation if we run late by more than ten minutes
- Use good quality modern materials and techniques
- Support continuing staff training and development
- Spend sufficient time with patients
- Charge fair and reasonable prices and offer a choice of payment methods
- Promote a culture of good and open communication with patients so they can help shape our service provision
- Patients can help us achieve these aims by;
- Attending for appointments on time and giving adequate notification of cancellation
- Understanding the need for change to sustain a good quality service
- Attending the practice regularly and listening to the professional advice given
- Joining the practice membership plan and paying fees promptly
- Providing feedback on all aspects of the service in a friendly and courteous manner
If for any reason you are dissatisfied with our service in any way then please ask to speak to Dr Robin Hanna or Beccy.
This practice is registered with the Care Quality Commission for the provision of general dental care.
• Principal Dentist and Service Provider– Dr Robin Hanna
• Practice Manager – Beccy Cahill
• Reception manager/Treatment coordinator – Cassie Standen
• General Dentist- Marius Scheepers
• Hygienist – Charlotte Cantello
• Orthodontist- Andreea Neglescu
• Lead Nurse – Barbara Kollerrova
• Nurse – Leah Rees
• Nurse – Danielle Hubbard
• Nurse – Elizabeth Gladstone
• Practice Host – Karen Keen
• Practice Host – Rachel Stewart
• Secretary & Marketing Coordinator – Jill Hanna
Registered address for service provision:
Hampshire Dentists, 169a High Street, Southampton, SO14 2BY
Telephone: 02380 335155