At Hampshire Dentists we make these 5 promises to you…
- We will always listen to you, your needs and concerns
- To continue to invest in our team, in the materials we use, and our education to ensure you get the best service possible
- To be honest and upfront with you at all times, discussing the pros and cons of any treatment to ensure you make the most informed decision
- To always treat you with courtesy and respect and that any pains or concerns be treated with sensitivity and confidentiality
- To never start any treatment without your approved consent and/or understanding
Our Statement of Purpose
This practice is registered with and regulated by the Care Quality Commission for the following activities:
Diagnostic and screening procedures
For the whole population, we aim to see each patient at a personal and mutually agreed recall interval and perform a full dental health check of both the hard and soft tissues: supporting structures of the oral cavity using diagnostic aids such as X-Rays as and when appropriate. Where any abnormalities are detected, then further investigations such as biopsies and actions such as referrals will be actioned.
Treatment of disease, disorder or injury
For the whole population, following diagnosis and screening, patients are given an explanation of any items requiring attention, all appropriate treatment options and associated costs (where applicable) and the pros and cons of each option is explained and discussed. The kinds of services that we provide are full dental health checks, hygiene, X-Rays, treatment of periodontal disease, routine restorative work such as fillings, inlays and onlays, endodontics, prostheses, root canal, crowns, bridges, dentures, implants, orthodontics and some cosmetic work.
If necessary, referral to specialist dental practitioner may be advised where the treatment required is beyond our scope of practice, such as in the case of more complex endodontic and periodontal care. In the case of injury, temporary treatment may be provided to stabilize the mouth. Patients will be kept fully informed of proposed interventions at each point, receive itemized estimates of likely costs and consent will be sought at each stage. At all times we aim to provide a service based on prevention and develop a personal regime for each patient within this overarching framework.
For the whole population, if a patient requires a surgical procedure at the practice, and we believe that this is within our skill set (such as routine or more straightforward surgical extractions and apiecectomies) then we will explain the procedure to the patient together with any associated risks and, if the patient wishes to proceed, obtain appropriate valid consent.
Once completed, we will monitor the progress of the patient in accordance with the relevant clinical protocols to ensure that recovery is both full and uneventful. For more advanced surgical procedures, such as the removal of impacted wisdom teeth, we refer to appropriately qualified consultants and specialists either in hospitals or a practice environment.
We aim to meet the routine and general dental care needs of our patients and try to achieve high levels of oral health by adopting a preventative approach. If the users of our services require or request to have a treatment or procedure that we are either unable or unwilling to provide then we will either arrange for a referral or inform them accordingly.
For completeness, we also have some core practice aims and values that we publicly promote to patients and these are as follows:-
As a practice we will;
- Wherever possible see patients on time and give an apology and an explanation if we run late by more than ten minutes
- Use good quality modern materials and techniques
- Support continuing staff training and development
- Spend sufficient time with patients
- Charge fair and reasonable prices and offer a choice of payment methods
- Promote a culture of good and open communication with patients so they can help shape our service provision
- Patients can help us achieve these aims by;
- Attending appointments on time and giving adequate notification of cancellation
- Understanding the need for change to sustain a good quality service
- Attending the practice regularly and listening to the professional advice given
- Joining the practice membership plan and paying fees promptly
- Providing feedback on all aspects of the service in a friendly and courteous manner
If for any reason you are dissatisfied with our service in any way then please ask to speak to Dr Robin Hanna or Beccy.
- Principal Dentist and Service Provider – Dr Robin Hanna
- General Dentist – Dr Marius Scheepers
- Specialist Orthodontist – Dr Joanna Binato
- Cosmetic Dentist – Dr David Bloom
- Hygienist – Charlotte Cantello
- Hygienist – Melanie Atkins
- Therapist – Emma Jamieson
- Therapist – Hannah Dover
- Practice Manager – Beccy Legg
- Lead Dental Nurse – Barbara Kollerova-Oak
- Dental Nurse – Miranda Kean
- Dental Nurse – Kasha Czajkowska
- Dental Nurse – Emma Armstrong
- Practice Host – Shannah Brewer
- Practice Host – Nicola Marshall
- Practice Host – Natalie Babey
- Treatment Coordinator – Tracey Barnes
Registered address for service provision:
Telephone: 02380 335155