Say No To Staining With Our Tooth Whitening Treatments
There’s no doubt about it, having a nice white smile can enhance both your confidence and appearance. At Hampshire Dentists we provide a tray based teeth whitening system, as we believe it lasts a lot longer than other laser based options – and is much cheaper in the long run too! Rest assured it’s also a pain free way to whiten your teeth!
Chair Based Power Whitening
Whiter teeth in less than an hour!
If you have an important event and need immediate results then this is a great option. Whether it’s a wedding, job interview or even a first date, we can help you make a great impression.
The simple procedure involves placing a protective layer around the gums, leaving the teeth isolated to apply the whitening gel. This contains a strong peroxide which creates oxygen bubbles that break up stains and discolouration deep within the teeth. Most people find this process relaxing, and we encourage listening to your favourite music or watching a DVD over the hour-long process.
This is our preferred option and what most people go for.
This procedure involves taking a scan or moulds of your teeth so we can custom make whitening trays to fit neatly around the contour of each tooth whilst carefully avoiding contact with your gums! They are made out of soft vinyl rubber and can be worn in the comfort of your own home.
The whitening gel, which is a much weaker peroxide is applied to the trays and carefully placed over the teeth for a 2 hour period, repeated for up to 2 weeks. The end result is identical but the key advantage of home whitening is that you will still have the trays to re-whiten your teeth in the future. We generally advocate this as the whitening process of choice due to its simplicity and weaker peroxide strength. Occasionally the stronger peroxides can make the teeth more sensitive temporarily, especially if you already have sensitive teeth beforehand.
Teeth Whitening in 5 Easy Steps:
- For optimum results, we generally recommend having a hygiene session before you start teeth whitening. This is to help ensure the surface is clean and the gel can properly work its magic.
- Once this is done, we’ll take A digital scan or dental impressions of both your top and bottom teeth. This takes approximately 20 minutes for you in the chair and a week for the impressions to be made by our lab.
- When your trays are ready, we’ll show you exactly what to do and give you a comprehensive (but straight forward) set of instructions. This will show you how much teeth whitening gel you need and talk you through how you can achieve the result you’re aiming for.
- For the next couple of weeks, you can then start whitening. Simply brush, floss, then pop in your trays. You’ll gradually see your teeth getting whiter and whiter. Rest assured, we’ll always be at the end of the phone if you have any questions.
- Finally, the dentist will conduct the last consultation to make sure that the treatment has been effective.
What does it cost to brighten up your smile?
Power whitening £549, which includes the home whitening top up trays.
Home whitening £329 for both top and bottom teeth
The cost of teeth whitening is really in the making of the trays, so once you have these, the cost of maintaining your pearly whites in years to come could be as little as £10 a year (i.e. the cost of any future gel you might want). Generally, we find once patients whiten their teeth, they only occasionally wish to top up (e.g. once a year, every couple of years).